What Is A Muffle Furnace?
The main application areas of muffle furnaces are:
(1) Thermal processing or processing of small workpieces in thermal processing, industrial workpiece processing, cement, and building materials industries.
(2) Pharmaceutical industry: used for drug testing, pretreatment of medical samples, etc.
(3) Analytical chemical industry: as sample processing in water quality analysis, environmental analysis and other fields. It can also be used for petroleum and its analysis.
(4) Coal quality analysis: used to measure moisture, ash content, volatile content, ash melting point analysis, ash component analysis, and elemental analysis. It can also be used as a general-purpose ashing furnace.
For the classification of muffle furnaces, they can be classified according to their heating elements, rated temperature, and controllers, as shown below:
(1) According to the heating elements, there are: electric furnace wire muffle furnace, silicon carbon rod muffle furnace, silicon molybdenum rod muffle furnace;
(2)According to the rated temperature, it is generally divided into: muffle furnace below 1000℃; 1000℃, 1200℃ muffle furnace; 1300℃, 1400℃ muffle furnace; 1600℃, 1700℃ muffle furnace; 1800℃ muffle furnace.
(3) According to the controller, there are the following types: pointer type, ordinary digital display type, PID adjustment controller, and program controller.
(4)According to the insulation materials, there are two types: ordinary refractory bricks and ceramic fibers.