How to use the UV-Vis spectrophotometer correctly?
UV-visible spectrophotometers are precision instruments. The performance of electronic and optical components may change during operation due to working environment and operation methods, which may further affect equipment performance and even cause equipment failure or accident. Therefore, the analyst must understand the basic principles and operation methods of the UV-Vis spectrophotometer. When encountering a fault phenomenon, it can quickly make a judgment and contact the manufacturer for maintenance in time to ensure the normal operation of the equipment.
1. It is advisable to put the solution into the cuvette at a height of about 2/3; try to avoid the generation of bubbles; if the solution remains on the outer wall of the cuvette, wipe it off in time (first use filter paper to dry, then wipe with mirror paper) Glossy); for volatile samples, it is recommended to use a cuvette cover; try to avoid staining the sample holder, otherwise the residual liquid on the sample holder should be wiped off in time.
2. When the cuvette is used, it should be cleaned in time and cleaned by appropriate methods. If it is improperly cleaned or not cleaned, it will affect the accuracy and stability of the measurement results.
3. During the test, if a light source is not used, you can choose to turn it off to extend the service life of the lamp. When the instrument is not in use, please turn off the power and unplug the power plug to prevent damage caused by thunderstorms.
4. Do not disassemble the instrument casing and internal components, especially the optical path structure. Do not loosen the fastening screws and nuts at will; do not touch the optical surfaces (including the light source) at will, so as not to affect the normal operation of the instrument. It even caused human damage.
5. Keep the surface of the instrument and the working environment clean; do not use the organic solution such as gasoline or ether to wipe the outer casing of the instrument; use the dust cover for protection when the instrument is not in use.
6. the instrument should avoid long-term use, it is recommended to start on a regular basis to ensure that it can operate normally; areas with high temperature and humidity should pay special attention to moisture.